Direct Care Staff (Multiple positions, full -time and part-time)
TITLE: Direct Care Worker
REPORTS TO: Shelter Operations Director
HOURS: Full or part time. Hours vary depending on needs of agency.
SALARY: Starting Salary is $9/hr. based on education, training, and experience.
QUALITICATIONS: At least 21 years of age, high school diploma or GED, 2 years post high school job related experience, familiar with and in agreement with youth development philosophy of care, training and/or demonstrated ability to relate to troubled youth, CPR/First Aid Certification, (agency can provide this training).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
1. Responsible for the daily care and supervision of residents to which they are assigned.
2. Protect resident’s rights.
3. Modeling appropriate behaviors and methods of addressing stessful situations.
4. Crisis management
5. Handle separation anxiety and alleviating the stress of youth in a crisis.
6. Protect the youth from harm
7. Behavior intervention and teaching of appropriate alternatives.
8. Training the resident in good habits of personal care, hygiene, eating, and social skills
9. Handling routine problems arising within the living group.
10. Represent adult leadership to youth in the shelter and exercise authority in a mature, firm, consistent, and compassionate manner.
11. Enabling youth to meet hislher daily assignments.
12. Program evaluation of care plan goals and future planning.
13. Participate in the planning of the facilities program and scheduling such program into the operation of the living group under his/her supervision.
14. Maintain prescribed logs of all important events occurring during shift, significant information about performances and development of youth in a group, telephone call and visitor information, medical logs.
15. Reporting emergency medical or dental care needs to the administrative staff in a timely manner
16. Reporting critical incidents to administrative staff in a timely manner.
17. Participate in staff meetings, training sessions, and evaluation of program.
18. When necessary and appropriate, preparing and serving meals, transporting youth to appointrnents, and carrying out other house parent functions.
19. Responsible for the neatness and cleanliness of the facility.
20. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Submit resumes via email to: email@example.com or apply in person at 205 Smith Avenue, Monroe, LA 71203.